How many times as editors do you hear from a client, “I just want to record”? As podcast editors we have the unique job to take something that is rough around the edges and make people sound better and elevate their brands. But let’s face it, creating a business as an editor has its high and lows and many lessons to learn.
Like most things in life other people have gone before you and you just need the right friend to help point you in the right direction.
This idea of community support and creating an environment where editors learn and support each other in their own business is what Steve Stewart has created. He has been helping podcasters sound great since 2016 and now leads the largest community of editors along with the Podcast Editors Conference.
This episode goes right to the core of what makes an effective podcast editor, the tips and mindset one needs to make it, and where is the podcast editor world headed to.
· Why did he create a community of podcast editors (1:18)
· What are some lessons he has learned from other editors (2:25)
· Deep dive into what the Podcast Editors Conference is all about (3:37)
· What is Podcast Editors Academy (5:36)
· Is it possible to really make editing podcasts a business (7:35)
· How does one go about hiring a podcast editor (9:07)
· What is the biggest mistake people make when trying to hire an editor (11:16)
· What are the biggest mistake editors make trying to get into the business (12:33)
· Why is video editing the next big thing for editors (14:58)
o Riversource Link
PEC Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/podcasteditors/
Podcast Editors' Academy: https://www.podcasteditoracademy.com/
Steve Stewart's Site: https://stevestewart.me/
Thanks for Listening!
Mentioned in this episode:
In Support of Podvoices.help June 2022 Campaign
****The pre-roll you heard is in support of https://www.podvoices.help/. The opinions expressed in this ad are solely the opinions of Mathew Passy and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of co-hosts or guests that may appear on this show. If links mentioned in the ad do not appear in these shownotes, please visit podvoices.help***