We are targeted by advertising every day as a consumer, but within podcasting targeting to specific end users is still difficult using the current landscape. In this episode we talk about how geolocation needs to evolve and where is it currently possible to target listeners already.
It as a fascinating conversation on some technology that most people might be aware of but not really understand how it works, Bryan is starting a partnership with PodNews to bring more information to podcasters about how to use advertising within their business effectively in a feature called Sounds Profitable.
Bryan recent published an article on Medium.com on how geolocation works and how it currently has a 50/50 change of getting it right when testing on a cell phone.
- What about Sounds Profitable got him really excited to launch it (0:51)
- Is the Podcast world privacy complaint when it comes to the ever-changing landscape of end user privacy (4:26)
- Why geolocation technology isn’t yet useful for podcasters (9:11)
- Is it really possible to target a podcast advertisement to a specific geolocation (8:14)
- Why other forms of online media don’t see such a targeting issues as seen in podcasting (14:07)
- Where is the future of podcast advertising going as Spotify seeks more exclusive podcast to join its network (16:19)
Website link: http://soundsprofitable.com/
Thanks for Listening!
Be sure to subscribe on Apple, Google, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. And feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.
Follow Mathew on Social Media to stay up to date on Podcast Me Anything - Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn